The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Joy Division Tribute


Joy Division still are one of my favorite bands. I was listening to them back when Ian Curtis was still alive. I thought I would put together a list of Joy Division covers that I could find on Rhapsody paired with the original. I found some interesting tracks, including a Joy Division cover of The Velvet Underground's "Sister Ray." I also found The Nau Ensemble, which is a chamber orchestra and choir version of the "The Eternal," "Atmosphere," and "Decades." The piece is the last track on the playlist. For those with an open mind, I think you will find it very beautiful. See the comments section for the complete list. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Here's the complete list.

"Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Joy Division
"Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Wonderlick
"She's Lost Control" - Joy Division
"She's Lost Control (Long Version)" - Grace Jones
"New Dawn Fades" - Joy Division
"New Dawn Fades" - Moby
"Warsaw - Warsaw" - Joy Division
"Warsaw" - The Black Halos
"The Drawback" - Joy Division
"The Drawback" - New Bomb Turks
"In A Lonely Place" - New Order
"In A Lonely Place - (Tricky Mix)" - Bush (Rock)
"Sister Ray" - Joy Division
"Sister Ray" - Velvet Underground
"The Eternal" - Joy Division
"Atmosphere" - Joy Division
"Decades" - Joy Division
"The Eternal" - Nau Ensemble

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter