The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Song of the Day - November 9, 2006


Oklahoma has given birth to the Evangelicals, a trio with quirky pop sensibilities. Often compared to fellow Oklahoma residents, The Flaming Lips, the Evangelicals have released their debut album So Gone. Many of their songs have what I call a floating nature to them, using soaring and swirling melodies. In fact, I am surprised that such a rich sound comes from only a trio. The album is a great listen, perfect for some long distance driving. There is the waltz-like rhythms of "My Headache," the crazed psychedelic leanings of "Another Day (and Your Still Knocked Out)," and the song of the day "Hello Jenn, I'm a Mess." A song that definitely soars melodically, while reminding me slightly of 80's bands like Spandau Ballet and the Simple Minds. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evangelicals: Great stuff! Thanks for the tip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter