The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Song of the Day - November 1, 2006


When I first heard the Tiny Masters of Today's EP
Big Noise, I was immediately impressed by their sound. A sound that had touches of naivete similar to The Flying Lizards crossed with elements of The White Stripes. I was one hundred percent flabbergasted to find out that this Brooklyn band is the work of 10 year old Ada and her 12 year old brother Ivan. Their EP is short, only three songs, but each entirely enjoyable. I love "Stickin' It to the Man," even more now that I know it was written by a pair of preteens. "Bushy" is an astute, yet comical observation of the current political situation. However, my favorite tune is "Tooty Frooty Clarke's Dream Song." The interaction between the brother and sister vocals is very addictive, and the falsetto burst of singing sends the song over the top. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter