The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, October 30, 2006

Song of the Day - October 30, 2006


It is somewhat difficult to characterize Oxford Collapse's Remember the Night Parties. Employing a variety of influences ranging from Mission of Burma, Iggy Pop, Weezer, and Joy Division, I suppose it is the natural evolution of music given their previous influences. Despite the wide range of influences, this is a great fun listen. This is their first release for Sub Pop and the overall quality of this album is so good that picking a song of the day is extremely difficult and would probably vary on a daily basis due to my moods. Today, I give my vote to "Molasses" a jangly tune driven by bass and drums that reminded me of The Violent Femmes. It sounds as if they use a flute during one of the choruses, which I loved. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter