The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, August 21, 2006

Song of the Day - August 21, 2006


Thurston Moore does it again by signing Black Helicopter to his Ecstatic Peace label. Their album, Invisible Jet, evokes a strong wiff of Mission of Burma. As Black Helicopter is a Boston band, I suppose that should be no surprise. However, the relationship is more than sonic, as Invisible Jet was recorded in the same studio that Mission of Burma uses as a practice space. In fact, Mission of Burma's Roger Miller actually plays piano on one of tracks. The opening track, "Buick Electra," is my favorite track. It may have something to do with the fact that I learned to drive in that gigantic boat of a car, the Buick Electra, or with the fact that the song simply rocks. I will go with the latter. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter