The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Song of the Day - August 15, 2006


From time to time I revisit the Rhapsody pages of artists I unearthed in my search for new music. Just the other day I discovered that there was new music by Scout Niblett, last year's Kidnapped by Neptune. I am not sure how long it has been on Rhapsody, but I love it none the less. Scout Niblett at first may come across as just another mellow female singer songwriter. However, that could not be further from the truth, as she often erupts with a vocal torrent of power that will leave you powerless to resist her music. Opening track "Hot to Death" is a perfect example of how Scout Niblett can go from a sparse arrangement to full-throttle rock and roll. Oh, I really love this album! The catchiest song has to be the title track "Kidnapped by Neptune." Her voice is addictive, like a green olive, while the repetitive chorus drills through your skull, further penetrating your head, until it is in the deepest recess of your brain. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter