The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Song of the Day - August 17, 2006


As we approach the end of summer, I want to grasp every last enjoyable minute. Music to cruise in your automobile is an absolute necessity. Well, Columbia, Missouri's The Foundry Field Recordings released Prompts/Miscues earlier this summer, and it is not too late to pop their CD in your player or MP3 in your IPod, as you cruise down the highway. My first choice would be "Holding the Pilots/Holding the Facts," a song that starts out with some heavy ominous bass, but metamorphizes into a much more upbeat song. The breezy, sweet chorus is reminiscent of The Pretenders. An irresistible urge to roll down the windows and let the rest of the world hear this great song overcomes me everytime I listen to this track.. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger J Shifty said...

Thanks for the tip, Mister Bond! I moved right into the whole album, and it really hit the spot this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter