The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Song of the Day - January 12, 2005


I was so happy to see the latest Espers' release The Weed Tree appear on Rhapsody, as I believe their debut album was fantastic for fans of their acid folk influenced music. They have a faintly medieval sound that reminds one of Pentangle and The Fairport Convention. Their latest album consists primarily of covers with one original tune. Do not let that turn you off, for I have never been happier with an album full of covers. The covers range from Nico, Blue Oyster Cult to a traditional folk song. I am especially enamored with their cover of the Durutti Column's "Tomorrow." Meg Baird's vocals truly shine and combine wonderfully with Greg Weeks. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter