The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, January 02, 2006

Song of the Day - January 2, 2006


Welcome to the new year. As many of you know, I am a fan of psychedelic music both neo and retro. I love the Seattle band The Purrs. They are often compared to Echo and the Bunnyman and The Verve. However, when I first heard the track "Because I Want To," I immediately thought of the Rolling Stones circa the early 60's. It starts out softly with an acoustic guitar, then reverb laden vocals and electric guitar. Eventually the drums kick in and the intensity level rises, but the best part is the chorus of "dododododododo." Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter