The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, July 11, 2005

Song of the Day - July 11, 2005


I was wondering aimlessly around the internet last week, when I stumbled across the debut record of Anagram Songs From Far Away. Thank god for accidental discoveries. Jessica Congdon and Eric Holland are Anagram. Despite being Anagram's debut effort, both Jessica and Eric have experience in other bands. Jessica in Vervein and Eric in Milk Cult. I really enjoyed their sound: a mixture of New Order, Miss Kittin, Mazzy Star, Ultravox, and others. "Canada" is a brief, but great track that I just cannot stop listening to; it is truly infectious and my choice for song of the day. It starts out very subtly with Jessica's spoken vocals, then evolves into a wash of dissonant guitars. This is music to my ears. Check them out and tell me what you think. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter