The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Song of the Day - July 7, 2005


I am musically back in Seattle again, with local favorites The Lights. Their sound is an amalgam of various influences most notably to my ear the sounds of Joy Division, Iggy Pop, The Fall, and the ever present Gang of Four. "Suge Night Sweetheart" is recorded live and simmers with intensity. I kept wondering why this song was so appealing to me, when I had a revelation. This song is similar to the track "Bodybag" by the legendary Chicago punk band The Effigies. I wonder if The Lights ever heard this track, because it must have been floating in around in their subconscious when they conceived "Suge Night Sweetheart." If there are any Effigies fans out there, tell me what you think. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter