The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, April 29, 2005

Song of the Day - April 29, 2005


Dead Meadow is part of the growing neo-psychedelic movement. I seem to have a number of posts this month referring to psychedelic music, so it is only fitting that I end the month with music from one of the best new bands of this genre. Dead Meadow remind me of the Byrds crossed with the distorted sounds of Blue Cheer. The song "Let's Jump In" has a hazy, languorous sound, until about three fourths into the song, an overdriven distorted guitar solo enters and brings the song to a whole new plateau alla Blue Cheer. Click here to reach the plateau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter