The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Song of the Day - April 27, 2005


Andy Votel is another great talent from Manchester, England, which seems to be the musical epicenter of Great Britain. A man of many talents, Andy is the co-founder of Twisted Nerve Records along with Damon Gough of Badly Drawn Boy fame. Votel's song "Girl on a GoPed" is a sublime treat of downtempo electronica. Jane Weaver contributes the lead vocals to the track. I've played this track over and over and it just gradually grabs a hold of you, with its subtle beats, electronic beeps, and Jane's sultry vocals. Click here to listen.

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger J Shifty said...

I've been listening to all these songs of the day the last week and appreciate the posts. I hadn't come across any of these records before...

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Hi j shifty

Things have been crazy this week. I haven't had time to create additional playlists. I am glad that you like the bands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter