The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, April 15, 2005

Song of the Day - April 15, 2005


Jeff Buckley, as many of you know, died in 1997 in a drowning accident. However, his music is still with us and it is glorious, beautiful rock and roll. My favorite song of his is "Mojo Pin." Jeff sounds very much like Robert Plant with wide dynamic changes, moaning, and guitar accompaniment that reminds me of Jimmy Page. In fact, if you close your eyes, you might just believe that this is Led Zeppelin. Since Rhapsody has no Zeppelin, give Jeff Buckley a try. You will not be disappointed. Click here to listen.

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I miss Jeff Buckley. And Elliott Smith, and Matthew Jay, and Dave Carter, and Kirsty MacColl, and Nick Drake, and all the other great musicians who died before their time. At least we have their music.

Thanks for the gentle reminder of the profound music Buckley created.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Hi Amanda,

I am glad you liked the Jeff Buckley post. Why don't you put together a post about the musicians who are no longer with us. I think it would be a good idea and I am sure the Radish would like it.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

That's a great idea (sorry I didn't check back sooner to see it). I am going to be known as 'that death music blogger' if I do it, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter