The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, December 25, 2006

Song of the Day - December 25, 2006


Merry Christmas! I thought I would welcome Christmas with the gentle neo-folk sounds of the Nethers. Formed from the ashes of The Carlsonics, this Washington DC based quintet has released their debut album In Fields We Will Lie, a sublime collection of gentle but great tunes. Nikki West's vocals have a soothing demeanor that I find quite appropriate for this particular day. By the way, she is also the bassist for the group. As I listened to this album, one track in particular stood out, "Migratory Birds." The track starts out simply with Nikki and some strummed chords, an arpeggio is added, and the drums gently enter. The song slowly builds in intensity, but never simmers over. It is a gem of a song. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter