The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Song of the Day - November 28, 2006


I love this! I love Awesome Snakes' Venom. The album is a hilarious, punked out party album that is the work of half of The Soviettes, Danny Snakes and Annie Awesome. Incorporating humorous audio samples into their songs, Danny and Annie have produced one of the best albums of the year. Their just want to have fun approach, reminds me slightly of The B-52's, but with a much harder edge. Even their album cover is a hoot, taking inspiration from Motley Crue's Too Fast for Love. Using just bass and drums, the energy they produce is relentless. They possess a certain frenetic energy that is reminiscent of The Fall, especially Danny's vocals. The best place to start is "I Want a Snake." You will succumb to the power of Awesome Snakes. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Mazur said...

I totally agree. One of the best albums of '06.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter