The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Song of the Day - November 23, 2006


Fear, Electric Eels, Birthday Party, Cramps all come to mind when I listened to Black Time's Blackout. Formed from the amalgamation of various band members associated with Hotwires, Action Time, and the Quickies; London's Black Time have created rock at its absolute rawest. I am not sure if this is appropriate music for Thanksgiving Day, yet it is a reminder of the English roots of the holiday. Oh, I don't know where to begin; I love the entire CD. "White Heat Returned" is a great tune with cool organ accompaniment. "This Is a Curse" has that Cramps' swagger. "Black Time Pt. 1" is a frantic track reminiscent of The Fall. Yet, I fell for "Cold Lips, Taste Better" a song that has that "heavy vampire sound." Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter