The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, October 27, 2006

Song of the Day - October 27, 2006


I must admit, I am not a Yo La Tengo expert, but after listening to their latest
I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass, I vow to learn more about their music. Though they seem to jump between various musical stylings, I love this album. It is just that trait that makes the album so appealing, you never know what the next track will bring. There is the poppish "Beanbag Chair," the spaced out and fuzzed out guitars of opening track "Pass The Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind," and the rockabilly rhythms of "Watch Out for Me Mr. Ronnie." The album is like a musical roadtrip, one never knows where one will stop next. My favorite track has to be the "The Room Got Heavy," the funky Farfisa organ and bongos of this track are irresistible. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter