The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Song of the Day - October 4, 2006


There will be no sleeping during The Big Sleep's Son of the Tiger. This New York based trio does not specialize in lullabies, rather they create a unique brand of psych-rock that blends elements of My Bloody Valentine, Mogwai, and a dash of early Joy Division. Though their music tends to be on the instrumental side, and the vocals are hazy at best, it is the track "Murder" which excites me the most. There is something about bassist Sonya Balchandani's vocals that vaguely reminds me of Joy Division, that I find extremely irresistible. It probably has to do with her very sedate delivery of the vocals, while the band creates a musical storm in counterbalance to the vocal track. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter