The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Song of the Day - June 29, 2006


On first hearing The Everyothers' Pink Sticky Lies, my thoughts immediately turned to Iggy Pop. This NYC based quartet has created an EP packed full of uptempo, high energy numbers that are heavily influenced by the likes of Iggy Pop, David Bowie, and Lou Reed. However, it is the songs that have the mark of Iggy that appeal to me the most. "Something Wrong" has the strongest Iggy influence and is my favorite track. Snarling guitars, a punk attitude, and raw emotion all combine to get my blood pumping. Let's hope The Everyothers play Chicago soon, but in the meantime, I will be listening to Rhapsody. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter