The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, June 23, 2006

Song of the Day - June 23, 2006


Le Volume Courbe's I Killed My Best Friend is an intriguing album. Led by London based, but French born Charlotte Marionneau, the band has created an album that most would ignore. However, Charlotte's mumbled lyrics and lo-fi production fascinates me. Her singing style forces you to listen closely to comprehend her lyrics, while the lo-fi production values give an honesty to the album that I adore. Stellar tracks include "Papillon De Nuit" with its pigeon cooing, the title track "I Killed My Best Friend," and the heavy beats and intermittent piano of "Locarno." "I Shall Skip Your Judgement" is my favorite track, with it's acoustic guitar, glockenspiel, and lonesome keyboards. Charlotte Marionneau and her bandmates remind of me Nico and The Velvet Underground combined with the folk of Bob Dylan and his idiosyncratic vocals. Click here to enter the world of Le Volume Courbe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter