The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Song of the Day - May 18, 2006


Seattle's Mon Frere are back with their first full length album Blood, Sweat, & Swords. "Bigshot," one of my favorite tracks, is a condensed, short shot of rock. At under two minutes, the song starts with a bang of guitars and drums, which are soon overpowered by Nouela Johnston's pop punk vocals. Short songs leave me craving more of that energy, which Mon Frere delivers in songs like "Let It Bleed (Teen Wolf)," and "Bulliton." As winners of Paul Allen's Experience Music Project, I am sure we will hear more from the talented trio Mon Frere in the future. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter