The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Synthesized

Thanks go to Robert of the Radish, as he pointed out the availability of more Human League on Rhapsody. Once I got a listen, I couldn't resist making a playlist, so here's my list of 80's music, heavy on the use of synthesizers. It was great fun putting together; it brought back memories of my brother and I making pilgrimages to Wax Trax on Lincoln Avenue in Chicago to buy many of these records when they were only imports. We used to listen to Steve Albini on Northwestern's radio station, which barely came in, playing cutting edge music and we just had to have it. Click here to listen.

1. Being Boiled - Human League
2. Enola Gay - Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark (OMD)
3. Heaven 17 Hands Up To Heaven - Heaven 17
4. Girls On Film - Duran Duran
5. Chant No. 1 (Don't Need This Pressure On) - Spandau Ballet
6. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
7. Sex Dwarf - Soft Cell
8. Are 'Friends' Electric? - Gary Numan Tubeway Army
9. Breaking Glass - David Bowie
10. Vienna - Ultravox
11. Damned Don't Cry - Visage
12. Poison Arrow - ABC
13. Trans-Europe Express - Kraftwerk
14. Master And Servant - Depeche Mode
15. Pale Shelter - Tears for Fears
16. Quiet Life - Japan
17. Every Day Is Halloween - Ministry
18. Ultraviolence - New Order"

1 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger J Shifty said...

Bravo, my good man! It's made my week to see Robert and now yourself let their synth flags fly.

I'm enjoying this list right now. A very Happy New Year to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter