The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, December 30, 2005

Song of the Day - December 30, 2005


If there was a theme to much of the music of the past year, I would have to say it has been the retro sound of the 80's. As such it is only fitting that my song of the day carry on that tradition. I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness bring back fond memories of Joy Division, Heaven 17, Ultravox, and OMD. Many thanks go to the Negative Creep for turning me on to the band. Their track "According to the Plan" is an absolute killer. If this track was released back in the early 80's, it would have been #1 on NME's charts. This Austin based band have distilled the best of the past and brought us the very essence of the past to be enjoyed in the present. Click here to listen. Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter