The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Song of the Day - August 24, 2005


When I first heard the track "Shadowland," I thought it was a missing track from New Order's great album Low-Life. I was very surprised to find out it was the Australian band Youth Group. The song just has that about to burst out of a long bout of melancholy feeling, that many New Order tracks impart upon my soul. The music mirrors this experience by starting slowly and simply, and then bursting into an eruption of guitars, percussion, and vocals. Then slowly it ebbs back from this burst of emotion. Click here to listen.

tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter