The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, August 22, 2005

Song of the Day - August 22, 2005


I discovered the band B.A.L.L. last week while putting together my TV Party playlist. I never heard of them before, but that is what makes Rhapsody great; the ability to discovery new music. Well, B.A.L.L. is not so new, this track is from 1988, but that doesn't matter, only the music matters. The track "If I Breakdown" resembles its title. The music starts ominously with heavily distorted bass, a foreshadowing of the impending breakdown. There is a chaotic chorus of "doot doot doo..." or something like that, which serves to distract your thoughts, while the music moves forward, gaining intensity with pleading vocals, and a bipolar guitar solo of assorted distortion, erupting in burst of energy. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter