The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, June 27, 2005

Song of the Day - June 27, 2005


I love the sound of this band. The Deathray Davies are obviously heavily influenced by the Kinks; however, they have modernized the sound and made it their own. Their songs are appealing and catchy. One of the catchiest is "Plan to Stay Awake," a song that could have came from the early eighties new wave scene, and my song of the day. Perhaps, that is why it appeals to me. The song is mostly spoken/sung, and it feels like it is picking up speed, intensity, and about to veer out of control, when the chorus kicks in. I love it. Check out the rest of their album, The Kick and the Snare, you will not be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter