The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, June 24, 2005

Gang of Four - Entertainment


It's here! I was about to give up hope. I used to own this record, back in the vinyl days, but lost all my records when I went to college. I need this record. Music to soothe the savage beast, or cubicle dwelling office worker. The Gang of Four's Entertainment is one of my favorite records of all time. As anyone who looks at my blog knows, I am a huge Gang of Four fan. See my June 3rd posts about the Gang of Four and their influences, Song of the Day - June 3, 2005 The Influence of the Gang of Four, if you doubt my praise for this band. As I mentioned earlier this month, the band, and especially this album, have been hugely influential to the bands that are popular today;bands like The Futureheads and Franz Ferdinand. If you have never listened to this classic album, please do. You will immediately think this record is a new release, but it actually was recorded over 25 years ago. I love all the music on this record, but if I had to pick a few to recommend, they would include:Damaged Goods, Not Great Man, Outside the Trains Don't Run On Time, He'd Send In the Army, and for lovers of feedback, check out Anthrax. Click here to listen.

3 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger covalent bond said...

1. Ether - Gang Of Four
2. Natural's Not in It - Gang Of Four
3. Not Great Men - Gang Of Four
4. Damaged Goods - Gang Of Four
5. Return the Gift - Gang Of Four
6. Guns Before Butter - Gang Of Four
7. I Found That Essence Rare - Gang Of Four
8. Glass - Gang Of Four
9. Contract - Gang Of Four
10. At Home He's a Tourist - Gang Of Four
11. 5.45 - Gang Of Four
12. Anthrax - Gang Of Four
13. Outside the Trains Don't Run on Time - Gang Of Four
14. He'd Send in the Army - Gang Of Four
15. It's Her Factory - Gang Of Four

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

Man... see what happens when I go on vacation? All my faves get added... I'm just starting to notice a lot of great music came down the pipe while I wasn gone - this being the mother of them all.

This rules like no other!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Robert Burke said...

I dig the way the news of this spread though the Rhapsody Blogosphere. Very cool! Good Tip Mr. Bond!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter