The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, May 20, 2005

Song of the Day - May 20, 2005


I recently discovered Auburn Lull, another great band from Michigan, and I have to say that I am very happy. Their music at times can sound like a not so polished Duran Duran (a good thing in my mind) combined with a Gang of Four spastic guitar sound. Not all of their songs are like this, but the song "Sinking Meridian" most definitely is in that category. The song has this unusual sound which I cannot identify. It could be a human voice or something else. Anyone that listens to this track will know immediately what I am talking about. If you know what it is, please leave a comment. Enjoy the music. Click here to listen.

2 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger J Shifty said...

OK, I think that sound is a little novelty instrument. It's a tube with a rubber plunger and when you pull the plunger in and out it makes that distinctive noise. I swear I've seen one before but can't find its name anywhere right now. If I'm right it's the same sound heard on "Lighten Up" by the Beastie Boys (which unfortunately is a pay track on Rhapsody).

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger covalent bond said...

j shifty,

Thanks for the info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter