The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, May 13, 2005

Song of the Day - May 13, 2005


The Great Lakes Myth Society is one great new band. If you are a fan of The Decemberists, I believe you will like, no love the Great Lakes Myth Society. The band has a strong sense of place, specifically the upper Midwest. If you ever lived in the region, you can just feel it in their songs. It is the same sense of place that Springsteen had and still has with New Jersey. My song of the day is Isabella Country, 1992. If you like that give the rest of the album a listen.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Edison Baines said...

This is Tim from Great Lakes Myth Society. Thanks for writing about us. How did you hear the album?

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Hi Tim,

This is a first! I have never been contacted by a band member before. I first heard of your band while looking for new releases on Rhapsody. If you are not aware by now, Rhapsody is a great streaming music source. I believe your album is one of the best new releases of the year. I am a big fan and have been listening to your album extensively. Best wishes for your continued success. If there is ever anything you want me to post on my blog regarding your band, concerts, new releases, etc. - just let me know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter