The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Song of the Day - March 17, 2005


Last week, I featured Petra Haden doing a Who cover as my song of the day. Today, I thought I would feature a cover of the Beatles' "Eleanor Rigby," by Ann Dyer. Ann is a jazz vocalist who undertook the daunting task to cover the Beatles' Revolver. I must say that her version of Eleanor Rigby is the standout track. It used to be that jazz artists' idea of standards were Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Rodgers. Today there has been a shift, and we now are seeing jazz artists covering everybody from the Beatles to Nirvana. I think you are going to like this one. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter