The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Let's go to the UK

I love the music of the UK. Britpop, British rock, the British invasion, whatever you want to call it, I love it. There just seems to be so much good music coming out of the UK for the past 40 plus years. Of course, it started with the Beatles and Stones and continues today with the Kaiser Chiefs, Blur, and others. Since I featured the Kaiser Chiefs today, it got me thinking about putting together a list of British bands from over the years. Here's my list, I know there are many omissions. Click here to listen.


"The Answer" - Bloc Party
"Oh My God" - Kaiser Chiefs
"What Became Of The Likely Lads (Reworked Version)" - The Libertines
"Assessment" - The Beta Band
"Dakota" - Stereophonics
"Sale Of The Century" - Sleeper
"Come Back Around" - Feeder
"Intravenous Agnostic" - Manic Street Preachers
"Hundred Mile High City" - Ocean Colour Scene
"I Can't Explain" - The Who
"Wishing On A Star" - Paul Weller
"Spitting Games" - Snow Patrol
"Clampdown" - The Clash
"Lost Property" - The Divine Comedy
"Happy" - Ned's Atomic Dustbin
"Good Souls" - Starsailor
"David Watts" - The Jam
"We Don't Know Where We're Going" - Gomez
"Song 2" - Blur
"One Step Beyond" - Madness
"Snowden" - Doves
"And If I Fall" - Charlatans U.K.
"Stutter" - Elastica
"Fiery Jack" - The Fall
"I Just Want To Make Love To You" - The Rolling Stones

1 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Love the Brit stuff as well. Nice playlist! Thanks for visiting my Rhapsody blog too - we've all got a good thing going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter