The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, July 21, 2006

Song of the Day - July 21, 2006

<
The Fiery Furnaces' latest opus, Bitter Tea, finally appeared on Rhapsody. It is a challenging, but delightful album. Many of the tracks feature vocals run backward through a tape machine, perhaps this is why guitarist and vocalist Matt Friedberger referred to the album as "sissy psychedelic satanism." An acquired taste, which many have already acquired judging by the popularity of their previous albums, I found that I have grown to like the album more and more with each repeated listen. I often tire of albums with time, but it is The Fiery Furnaces' unique, lush one moment, naively simple the next, sound that intrigues me. In that regard, check out "I'm in No Mood," with its toy-like piano, interspersed with synthesizers, and Brechtian atmospherics. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter