The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Song of the Day - April 13, 2006


Back in March, I featured the Sparks "Ugly Guys With Beautiful Girls" from a few years back. Spark's latest release Hello Young Lovers has some outstanding songs, but the absolute best is "Dick Around." Yes, I know the song is sophomoric, but I love it. It is irreverent, but addictive. The music borrows from Queen and their Bohemian Rhapsody era harmonies. The music builds, threatens, and alternates between relative calm periods to moments of pure orchestral chaos, anger, and strange beauty. It reminds me of a rock and roll version of Orff's "Carmina Burana." Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter