The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, March 17, 2006

Song of the Day - March 17, 2006


Miguel Mendez's understated music beckoned me with its combination of indie and folk styles with a California bent. Miguel was a one-time physics major at Berkeley only to give it up for a career in music. Miguel's debut album is entitled My Girlfriend is Melting and some have categorized it as stoner rock, but I believe it is more complex than that stereotypical label. Outstanding tracks include the surreal "Catching a Wave," and the Neil Young influenced "You Got Me All Wrong." My favorite track is "Maniac Psycho" with its chorus of "I'm just in love, I'm not psycho." Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...i thought i posted before but it looks i didn't... i found this web looking for the lyrics of Miguel Méndez and i just love it!
i'll read you often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter