The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Three Johns


I came across this record by accident the other day, while browsing on Rhapsody, and I am sure glad I did. The Three Johns Live in Chicago is a great album. This record was recorded in 1985 at the legendary Metro in Chicago, my home town. Though I don't recall listening to the Three Johns back in the 80's, I am happy that I found them now. They have that Gang of Four plus Public Image sound, which I particularly like. The Three Johns are John Langford of the Mekons, John Hyatt, and John Brennan. As there is a current 80's revival going on, this record should appeal to many. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Here's the complete playlist.

"Teenage Nightingales To Wax" - The Three Johns
"The Day The Industry Declined to Stop" - The Three Johns
"AWOL" - The Three Johns
"The Devil's Music" - The Three Johns
"Junk" - The Three Johns
"Death of a European" - The Three Johns
"McDonna" - The Three Johns
"English White Boy Engineer" - The Three Johns
"Do Not Cross The Line" - The Three Johns
"20 Century Boy" - The Three Johns
"The World of Workers" - The Three Johns
"Windolene" - The Three Johns
"Kick The Dog" - The Three Johns
"Do The Square Thing" - The Three Johns
"Rooster Blue" - The Three Johns
"Reds Strike The Blues" - The Three Johns

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter