The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, March 28, 2005

I Love Jazz Guitar

I love jazz guitar. There are so many different styles from the swing of Django Reinhardt, the fusion of Pat Metheny, the bebop of Charlie Christian, to Bill Frisell's unique modern style. I just can't get enough. I even included a little Frank Zappa for those of you who do not think of him in the jazz vein. One of my favorite tracks on the list is Grant Green's "Idle Moments," a true classic. Give the list a listen and you might discovery something new. See the comments section for the complete list. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Here's the complete playlist.

"Bright Size Life" - Pat Metheny
"A Go Go" - John Scofield
"Drop Shot" - Jim Hall
"Impressions" - Stanley Jordan
"Take The Coltrane" - John McLaughlin
"I'll Remember April" - Tal Farlow
"Footprints" - Pat Martino
"That's For Sure" - Abercrombie/Erskine/Mintzer/Patitucci
"Oleo" - Mike Stern
"Blues For Joe" - John Pisano and Joe Diorio
"Body Talk" - George Benson
"Ruby, My Dear" - Rene Thomas
"Donte's Inferno" - Joe Pass Trio
"Fried Pies" - Wes Montgomery
"Minor" - Jimmy Raney
"Midnight Blue" - Kenny Burrell
"Idle Moments" - Grant Green
"Seven Come Eleven" - Charlie Christian
"Swing Guitars" - Django Reinhardt
"Sundust" - Bill Frisell
"Little Rock" - Sonny Sharrock
"St. Etienne" - Frank Zappa
"Do That Then" - Charlie Hunter Trio
"Green Eyed Lady" - Fareed Haque Group

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter