The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, March 24, 2005

A Few of My Favorite Songbirds

The song of the day by A Girl Called Eddy is so good, I thought I would put together a list of some of my favorite female vocalists. The list is by no means all inclusive, it is just some of the artists that I happen to be listening to now, such as the Dresden Dolls and Regina Spektor all the way back to Joan Baez. If you have any favorites I may not have included leave me a comment. Please enjoy the music. Click here to listen.

"Werewolf" - Cat Power
"Girls can really tear you up inside" - A Girl Called Eddy
"She Cries Your Name" - Beth Orton
"Cornflake Girl" - Tori Amos
"Desired Constellation" - Bjork
"Floaty" - Petra Haden And Bill Frisell
"Chanson De L'Arbre" - Autour de Lucie
"Don't Die on Me" - Mirah
"Until death" - Scout Niblett
"Long Snake Moan" - P.J. Harvey
"Seether" - Veruca Salt
"Cannonball" - The Breeders
"Break It Up" - Patti Smith
"Where Does the Good Go" - Tegan and Sara
"Back of a Truck" - Regina Spektor
"Half Jack" - The Dresden Dolls
"Both Sides Now" - Joni Mitchell
"Blues For The Unencouraged" - Corrina Repp
"Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" - Joan Baez
"Nothing" - Amy Annelle
"Who Knows Where The Time Goes" - Judy Collins

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

"She Cries Your Name" is a killer song. Nice stuff.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Hi Amanda,

I am glad you like the list. I had a lot of fun putting it together. Check out the Regina Spektor track, I have been listening to her a lot these days. Is there an artist you would recommend I give a listen to that isn't on the list?

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I am going to see Jonatha Brooke in a couple of weeks - if I had to recommend one song that is available on Rhapsody I'd say it would be "Nothing Sacred" off the album 'Plumb.'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter