The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, March 25, 2005

I Don't Speak Spanish - But I Understand Everything When I Am Dancing

I haven't done any latin jazz playlists yet and I am not waiting any longer. This is great stuff! The music defies you to stand still, you must get up and dance. There are a wide variety of styles on the list from Tito Puente to Los Hombres Calientes. I am sure you will find something you like and probably someone you haven't heard of before. One of my favorite tracks is Papo Vasquez's "Baila Plena," but I love them all. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Here's the complete playlist.

"I Don't Speak Spanish...(But I Understand Everything When I'm Dancing)" - Bobby Matos and John Santos
"Victor El Rojo" - Los Hombres Calientes
"Ran Kan Kan" - Tito Puente
"A Night In Tunisia" - Latin Jazz All Stars Big Band
"Guachi Guaro" - Cal Tjader
"Oye Lo" - Poncho Sanchez
"Obatala" - Mongo Santamaria
"Malaguena Salerosa" - Eddie Palmieri
"Bomba-Riquen" - Ray Barretto
"Carambola" - Machito & His Afro-Cuban...
"Manteca" - Dizzy Gillespie
"Oye Como Va" - Michel Camilo
"La Habana Sol" - Mccoy Tyner
"Agua De Cuba" - Francisco Aguabella
"Picadillo" - Johnny Blas
"Spanish Grease" - Willie Bobo
"Ochosi-Omo-Mi" - Cuban Roots
"El Cuarto De Tula" - Buena Vista Social Club
"Nuevo Manto" - Omar Sosa
"Prelude In Conga / Homage To Hilario" - Gonzalo Rubalcaba
"Baila Plena" - Papo Vasquez
"Yo Tengo Ritmo" - Patato
"Tumbao Pa' Mi Timbal" - Dave Pike
"Otra Oportunidad" - Jimmy Bosch
"Amor Verdadero" - Afro-Cuban All Stars

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter