The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Song of the Day - Feb 16, 2005


"Take It" starts with an alarm like sound bleeping over and over, only to be followed by a driving bass line and vocals which remind me of Public Image Limited. The whole effect results in a frenzied feeling, which I find very appealing. Mommy and Daddy are a two person band out of NY. They have been compared to the B-52's, but they are just not copying an 80's sound. They are definitely darker in feeling than the B-52's, and have created something uniquely their own. Click here to listen. Unfortunately, it is the only Mommy and Daddy track available on Rhapsody. Yesterday, their latest EP was released, Fighting Style Killer Panda. It is not available on Rhapsody yet, but hopefully we will see it one day. If you would like to listen to some of the tracks on this release, visit their website.

5 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

Fighting Style Killer Panda actually is available now in Rhapsody.

You can listen here...That one day is now!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Drake,

I guess I just jumped the gun. I am glad to see that the album was just posted. It would be nice if Rhapsody had a list of all the record labels available on Rhapsody and the artists available on each label. Many times I will find that I like many of the artists on a certain label, like Sub Pop, Matador, K records, Rough Trade, Hush, etc. It would be a great source of new music.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

I've made that same suggestion, which would also make it a cross-reference category. So when you find an album you like and see the label, clicking on it would bring up more albums/artists on the label.

I accidentally come across a new label that has been added, like last week they added Orange Twin records, which is home to a lot of the Elephant 6 collective. And hopefully soon Merge will be added.

Essentially, it's another great way to discover music, and that's really what's Rhapsody's sweet spot: music discovery.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

Anyway, I also wanted to say it's great what you're doing... I'm enjoying all the music!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Drake,

Thanks for the encouragement. I will check out Elephant 6.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter