The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, January 21, 2005

Riot Grrrl Bands Plus a Few Others

I put together a list of women who rock. The list is heavy on riot grrrl bands, like Bikini Kill, Bratmobile, Tribe 8, Sleater-Kinney, etc. I also included some of the original women rockers, like Janis Joplin, Patti Smith, and Joan Jett. There are a few more obscure acts as well. I am sure the list will get you up and moving. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Here's the complete playlist

"Old Timer" - That Dog
"Seether" - Veruca Salt
"Rebel Girl" - Bikini Kill
"I'm In The Band" - Bratmobile
"Oh!" - Sleater-Kinney
"Hit And Run" - Girlschool
"Cherry Bomb" - The Runaways
"Skin Tight" - The Donnas
"Oh Yeah!" - Babes in Toyland
"Non-Existent Patricia" - L7
"Doll Parts" - Hole
"Half Jack" - The Dresden Dolls
"Man-Size" - P.J. Harvey
"I'll Be Anything You Want" - Auf Der Maur
"Send Me You" - The Butchies
"Sunbears" - Tribe 8
"I Am A Cliche" - X-Ray Spex
"Roadrunner" - Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
"Middle Of The Road" - The Pretenders
"Hide" - NY Loose
"TKO" - Le Tigre
"Spellbound" - Siouxsie & The Banshees
"Because The Night" - Patti Smith Group
"Ball And Chain - (live)" - Janis Joplin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter