The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A Few Jazz Piano Gems

I suppose everybody thought I was just into indie music, however, that couldn't be further from the truth. One of my great loves is jazz piano. If your not a fan, give the list a listen. You may change your mind. My all time favorite pianist is McCoy Tyner. I once had the pleasure to meet him. For the uninitiated, he might not be to your taste. However, with time, you will probably find him to be one of your favorite pianists. Other pianists include Gene Harris, Ahmad Jamal, Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Bill Evans, and many more. For the non jazz fans, I recommend you give the tracks "Hey Joe" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" a try. See the comments section for a complete listing. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Here's the complete list of the songs.

"Summertime" - Gene Harris
"Hommage A Lili Boulanger" - Jacky Terrasson
"Ahmad's Blues" - Ahmad Jamal
"Spring Is Here" - Bill Evans (Piano)
"My Favorite Things" - Mccoy Tyner
"Autumn Leaves" - Gonzalo Rubalcaba
"Togo" - Chucho Valdes
"Manha De Carnival" - Vince Guaraldi
"Softly As A Morning Sunrise" - Martial Solal
"Hard To Find" - Phineas Newborn, Jr.
"Blue Monk" - Thelonious Monk
"Manhattan Island" - Herbie Hancock
"I Didn't Know What Time it Was" - Cedar Walton
"Work Song" - Hank Jones
"Motherless Child" - The Ramsey Lewis Trio
"Punjab" - Benny Green
"It Was Written In The Stars" - Bill Charlap
"Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" - Brad Mehldau
"Some Day My Prince Will Come" - Dave Brubeck Quartet
"My One And Only Love" - Horace Silver
"Lush Life" - Danilo Perez
"Hey Joe" - Medeski Martin & Wood
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" - The Bad Plus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter