The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Song of the Day - March 28, 2006


Dan Treacy, legendary founder of the Television Personalities, is back with Ed Ball, a reformed Television Personalities, and a new album, My Dark Places. As I am fond of saying, this is an acquired taste, but I love it. Dan Treacy had struggled with drug problems, mental illness, and actually spent time on a prison boat off the coast of England, when he reappeared on the scene in 2004. The title track, "My Dark Places," reflects on these past experiences and revels in Syd Barrett influences, a Treacy favorite. The interchange between Treacy and Victoria Yeulet on vocals is one of the most appealing aspects of this particular song, yet I also love that British psychedelic sound. If you are not familiar with Dan Treacy and the Television Personalities, I strongly recommend you give them a try. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter